Sevgili Guney Florida Turk toplumu,
Yorucu ama bir okadar da zevkli bir Festival surecini geride biraktik. Bu festivalin gerceklesmesinde emegi gecen, basta Festival komitesi baskani Sn. Canan Ozaktay'a ve onun organizasyonu altinda ozveriyle calisan tum gonullulere, ayrica festivale gelerek bizleri yanliz birakmayan tum ziyaretcilere buradan tesekkur etmek istiyorum.
'Birlikten kuvvet dogar' deyimini gerceklestirdik. Bir defa daha gorduk ki, istedikmi altindan kalkamayacagimiz bir gucluk yoktur. Bize maddi ve manevi destek veren, cok sayida arkadasimiz bize bunu ispat etmis oldu.
Piyangodan kendisine Turkiye'ye gidis donus ucak bileti cikan ve bu biletin gelirini FTAA'ye bagislayan Sn. Tulin Tosyali'ya da buradan tesekkurlerimi iletirim. Aralik ayi icinde bu bileti acik artirmayla satisa sunacagiz.
Gerceklestirilen 10 yillik festival deneyimimizden dersler cikararak, daha iyisine kosuyoruz. Sizlerin de bu yondeki gorus ve onerilerinize acigiz. Lutfen bunlari dile getirin.
Not: Festival'de emegi gecenleri websitemizde listeledim. http://www.ftaa.com/appreciation-event-volunteers
Ayrica bu 'gonullu' ordusunu youtube klibin arkasina da ekledim.
Fotograflar icin https://picasaweb.google.com/101555104678216101882/FTAA_Festival2011
Piyango talihlileri icin; http://www.ftaa.com/raffle
Daha nice festivallerde birarada olma umuduyla saygilar sunarim,
10thannual Florida Turkish Festival Outlook
Actualized on: Saturday, November 19th (11:00 noon to 7:00 p.m.) & Sunday, Nov.20th (11:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.)
Actualized at: 100 Johnson Street, Hollywood Beach, Florida
The Florida Turkish American Association (FTAA) was pleased to present two-days free event of Turkish music, dance, art, and culture.
The purpose of the festival is to promote Turkey; its rich and diverse culture. It is the FTAA’s goal that festival goers will get the opportunity to celebrate, learn about, and savor Turkish hospitality, culture, and cuisine.
The theme of this year’s festival was “Discover Turkey”. FTAA will celebrate the Turkish heritage and diverse culture bringing the fascinating traditions of this rich region to the shores of Hollywood Beach, Florida.
The festival’s highlights included folk dance groups performing Turkey’s famous traditional and distinctive dances, live Turkish music, and belly dancing. The festival offered delicious Turkish food such as doner kebap (rotating roast), grilled kofte (ground meat with spices), borek (cheese and spinach filled pastry), baklava and Turkish coffee, to name a few of the delicacies. There was even traditional fortune tellers reading fortunes from coffee grinds in the special coffee house. We hosted demonstrations of Turkish arts such as paper marbling (Ebru) with festival goers having the opportunity to purchase, custom made Ataturk pin making, and ceramic artwork. Children’s activities include face painting and balloon sculpting, made the festival a family affair.
The main items can be summarized as following;
1) Preparation for festival: including brochure printing, bus tail advertisement, banners, website and video-clip preparation, agreement with food and non-food vendors, city permit, tent and other festival related arrangements.
2) Invitations, bulk emails and press releases
3) Stage preparation, tent installation, city inspections
4) Opening speech after national anthems (both American and Turkish), FTAA Choir singing some classical Turkish music.
5) The office manager of Hon. Rep. Alcee Hastings brought the proclamation, and gave a speech, congratulated FTAA for the festival.
6) Broward Sheriff Al Lamberti and Captain Richard F. Wierzbicki, visited, and Sheriff gave a speech, congratulated FTAA for the festival
7) Folk dances (namely “Blue Star”, and “Kardelen” with 45 minutes interval) and Turkish popular music presented by “Mosaik Band” in between.
8) Oriental Dance show was presented.
9) All kind of ethnic food were served (Doner-Rotating roast, Lahmacun-Turkish Pizza, Kofte, Baklava, Lokma etc)
10) Turkish coffee with fortune telling
11) Raffle tickets were sold for the prizes of roundtrip to Istanbul, Cruise vacation, and I-pad.
12) Trivia questions were arranged to convey the information of Turkey. The winners received some small gifts.
13) The same routine was followed in the next day. At the closing of the festival, raffle ticket drawing were actualized. The lucky winners were announced.
Summary by the numbers;
Approximately 5-6 thousands visited the festival in two days
52 vendors participated
2500 brochure were distributed
3 weeks bus tail ads were displayed at the back of busses on the route of Boca Raton-Miami
70 Volunteers worked before and during the festival
The budget was approximately $50,000
Web site address: http://www.ftaa.com
Festival web site address: www.FloridaTurkishFestival.org